If you are
new to Patient 1st
If you are new to the Patient 1st Program, you will receive a letter with
the name of a doctor or clinic on it. If you want to keep the doctor or
clinic listed, you do not need to do anything. If you want to choose a new
doctor or clinic, call Medicaid toll free at 1-800-362-1504 to change
personal doctors (PMP) or click on one of the links below.
are already on Patient 1st
If you are already on the Patient 1st Program, you may change your
personal doctor (PMP) at any time by calling Medicaid toll free at 1-800-362-1504
or by following one of the links below.
Things to Remember
- Not all doctors who accept Medicaid participate in the Patient 1st
- Some doctors accept only certain age ranges (i.e., a pediatrician
may only accept children age 0-14).
- If your doctor works at a clinic, he or she may not be on this list.
To choose that doctor, you will need to pick the clinic as your personal
- The doctor you pick must see patients from your county AND have an
- Because some physicians may have only a certain number of Patient
1st patients, you may need to have a second choice.
- If you have any questions, or do not know what to do, call
1-800-362-1504 for help.