RE: Cardiology and Radiology Prior Authorization Program Update


PDF Version

TO:  Physicians, Radiologists, and Hospitals

As a reminder, all cardiology and radiology service providers (including out-of-state providers) must be enrolled with Alabama Medicaid before requesting prior authorization (PA).  PA submissions from non-enrolled providers will not be processed.


To enroll with the Agency, providers may go to the following link to complete the online application:
  or call provider enrollment at 1-888-223-3630.


Requesting Prior Authorization
Enrolled providers may request a PA for all MRIs, MRAs, CT scans, CTAs, and PET scans from eviCore, the Agency’s contractor, by:


• Phone at (888) 693-3211

• Fax at (888) 693-3210

• Website at  or 


Enrolled providers may request Nuclear Cardiology, Diagnostic Heart Catheterization, Stress Test (ECHO), Transesophageal Echo, and Transthoracic Echo from eviCore by:


• Phone at (855) 774-1318

• Website at or


Please direct questions to Susan Watkins at or Solomon Williams at

The Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) and Current Dental Terminology (CDT) codes descriptors, and other data are copyright © 2018 American Medical Association and © 2018 American Dental Association (or such other date publication of CPT and CDT). All rights reserved. Applicable FARS/DFARS apply.